Monday, February 11, 2013

we are reading and loving...

The Moomin series again!
A page from...
Finn Family Moomintroll, the third book in the series. We love these books and I really do think that once we go through the series, we have no problem with turning around and starting all over again. This is a note from Moominmamma, I strive to be like her, but I always fall short. Well, I will keep practicing and in the meantime I can try and emulate her handwriting.

A passage from the book that we will keep in mind for the coming Spring:

'And suddenly they caught sight of the first butterfly. (As everyone knows, if the first butterfly you see is yellow the summer will be a happy one. If it is white then you will just have a quiet summer. Black and brown butterflies should never be talked about - they are much too sad.)
But this butterfly was golden.
"What can that mean?'" said Moomintroll. "I've never seen a golden butterfly before."
"Gold is even better than yellow," said the Snork Maiden. "You wait and see!"'

No comments: