Wednesday, June 24, 2009

rocks: past, present, future


Looking at glaciers makes me nostalgic, and rock hunting on old glacier beds is one of my favorite things. I could comb old glacier beds for hours and not even be aware of how much time has elapsed (no joke). I like to imagine that the rocks I walk on have seen generation after generation of people going on about their lives, not to mention generation after generation of plants and animals. I find myself envying these rocks, because long after I am gone they will continue to be and to see. In this moment in time however, I will hold the past and the future in my hand and appreciate life as it is now (something no rock could ever do).

1 comment:

gardenmama said...

Wow! This is amazing, please do tell more about the glaciers! Lovely 'heart' rocks!