Thursday, January 1, 2009

the little things

I awoke in the middle of the night to feed Jonas and I had a ball of sadness in my stomach, with the feeling that another year has sneaked past us yet again. And so, I began to search my mind for the significant events that have happened, during this time that has gone by. Nothing huge popped into my head, however many small images began to tumble forward.


5 little things Jonas loved last year:
Splashing in puddles, "fixing" any mechanical object especially the vacuum, long bubble baths, eating freshly fallen snow, and having people smell his feet and then pretend to throw up.



5 little things Eoghan loved last year:
Playing in water, being a dinosaur, having friends over to play, getting to walk to places on his own, and amusement park rides.


5 little things about my boys, that I was so fortunate to enjoy last year:
Burying my face in fuzzy baby hair first thing in the morning, listening to all the different wee voices Eoghan makes for his toy animals and people (when he thinks I'm not listening), smiles with teeth coming in and teeth falling out, being able to sing Eoghan to sleep, and nursing Jonas while looking at his sweet contented face.

It's all about the little things isn't it?


Happy New Year!

¡Prospero Año Nuevo!

2 comments:

Multiple personalities.. said...

The boys are so adorable! They look like they are just so tender with each other, it's wonderful! I know what you mean about another year just flying by... it all goes by so fast. Sending you all lots of love!
**hugs & kisses too!**
Love,
Andrelita

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the great blog pages. I love seeing what you and the boys have been up to. Whenever I get to visit these pages I always feel like I haven't missed anything. Miss you all tons....can't wait to see you all again! Take care and gives kisses to the boys for me.

Love, Lotus