Monday, April 21, 2014

Thanks


It is amazing the transformation that happens here, on this beautiful part of the earth. You go through the long winter days and nights and it really feels like the light will never come, that the cold will continue forever. But then small things begin to take place, so small sometimes that one sometimes does not even notice. Then one day you go for a walk and you hear little streams running, and you see little buds pushing forth on the branches of trees, and the sun has a bit of warmth to it, and then there is a smell on the breeze one day...
and you smile and you know spring is coming. Isn't it amazing? No matter how long winter may seem, spring will always come. It is a wonderful gift.
I have been thinking a lot lately of the gifts we have, that sometimes we tend to forget. Sometimes it takes a tragedy, or travel to another place very unlike where we live for us to be reminded of everything we have, and how truly truly truly blessed we are. Our health, our homes, food to eat, clean water to drink, fresh air to breath. Oh, don't take these things for granted, because somewhere someone does not have them. And then there are things that we don't appreciate all the time, and I mean ALL THE TIME, because really we can't. But at the very least we should stop once a day and truly appreciate that moment, right then that we are in, whatever we happen to be doing... and say THANK YOU. Thank you for my children's smiles, for the birds singing me to sleep (even if they are crows and terribly noisy), for the dandelions, for being able to brush my teeth with water from my faucet, for the millions of stars I am able to see, for holding my husband's hand as I fall asleep at night, for being able to walk on two feet so that I may sweep my own kitchen floor, for a sip of hot chamomile tea, for a warm fire at night. Thank you God, for everything that I have now, for all the wonderful and the not so wonderful things in my past. For it is all these moments, and all the people who have come into my life right when they were supposed to, that have shaped me into who I am now and where I am now. So no matter what the future may hold THANK YOU.
On this note, thank you to all my family and friends for whom this blog has been put together. It has been an easy way for me to be able to share instantly what we have been doing with our days. However, I feel the need (like the earth around us) to start anew. It is time for a change. So to my family, you can expect to receive pictures from us here and there, and we are always just a phone call and for some of you a visit away. To everyone else, thank you for coming along with us, I have enjoyed sharing our days with you. Thank you.


No comments: