Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blueberries

We love blueberries, and yesterday was devoted to just that. My mom, Eoghan, and I wandered up a mountain to a favorite blueberry picking spot. We picked and picked and picked, until we could no longer take the mosquitos picking on us. In two hours however, we ended up wth over 22 cups of BIG berries.

A well worn path to the blueberry picking grounds (for the bears too I am sure).

Some of our blue jewels.

My mother's hard working, juice stained hands.

After we dropped mom off at her house, and once Eoghan and I were home we got out the story blankie to wind down for bed, it was almost 10:00 p.m. We read some of our favorite blueberry books. Here is what we read:



Jonas helped me tuck Eoghan in, then he watched as I cleaned our blue jewels. Afterwards Jonas had a midnight snack (literally), on a blueberry pillow, from a blueberry stained mama.

No comments: